Teacher Workshop with Carey Beth Hockett
GROUP CLASS TECHNIQUESTM IN CYBERSPACE
An online workshop for teachers
January 16 and 17, 2-5pm on Zoom
Day 1 (3 hours)
- Zoom features
- Warm-up sequences
- Playing ‘together’
- Group Class TechniquesTM in cyberspace
- Music reading and music bingo
Day 2 (3 hours)
- Further discussion of Day 1 topics
- Participants present teaching segments based on Day 1 discussion and/or share other ideas for online teaching.
Limited to 30 participants who may attend only Day 1 or both days.
Day 1 only: $60
Day 1 and 2: $100
1. Complete the registration form. Click here to register, https://forms.gle/erZvRCpXjzvmXBea6
2. Pay the fee by PayPal
Registration deadline is January 9, 2021.
If minimum enrollment numbers are not met, registered participants will be refunded the fee. No refunds given for cancellations.
Carey Beth Hockett has been actively involved in the Suzuki world for more than 40 years. She taught at the Ithaca Talent Education School and then for the London Suzuki Group and is now on the faculty of the Colburn School in Los Angeles. She was a member of the International Suzuki Association’s Cello Committee and served as repertoire consultant to the Associated Board of Royal Schools of Music in England and the Royal Conservatory in Toronto. She teaches string pedagogy at the Colburn Conservatory and is the Director of the schools’ Jumpstart String Program.