Registration is OPEN!!! Early bird deadline is Sept 9!
The ASA is excited to announce we will hold the Fall Workshop for students on Saturday, Sept 24 in Phoenix at Orangewood Church, 7321 N 10th St, Phoenix, AZ 85020.
Here are the workshop details:
What: ASA Fall Workshop
Who: Suzuki violin, viola, cello, guitar and voice students of all ages and levels
When: Saturday, Sept 24, 2022 from 9:00am-3:00pm
Where: Orangewood Church, 7321 N 10th St, Phoenix, AZ 85020
Why: Play music together and have fun!!!
- 8:30-9:00am Arrive and check-in (you will receive your schedule for the day)
- 9:00-12:00pm Classes
- 12:00-12:30 Bring your own lunch and eat in the courtyard (ASA will provide water and snacks)
- 12:30-1:00 Line Dancing activity for all!
- 1:00-2:00 Rehearsal for Concert (students) and Parent Class (parents)
- 2:00-3:00 Workshop Celebration Concert
Classes: Violin, Viola, Cello and Guitar students will have a Master Class (semi private lesson), Group Class (Suzuki Repertoire, see review lists), and Orchestra Class (orchestra music will be emailed after registration is received). Students should bring their instrument, orchestra music, and a folding music stand to workshop. Please put your name on your folding music stand.
Review Lists: Students should practice the songs they know on the review lists below. Songs from these lists will be selected and played on the final concert in a group. Songs should be memorized.
Orchestra Music: Music will be emailed to parent once registration form and payment are received. Please print and practice the music before workshop day, ask your teacher for help if needed.
Dress: The workshop theme is cowboy, so wear your western wear (hats, bandanas, boots)! No special dress is required for the final concert
Lunch: Families will provide their own lunches. While there are restaurants in the area, we encourage you to bring your own lunch so that we can enjoy them together in the courtyard! ASA will provide water and snacks.
- Early Bird Discount: $65 per student, registration deadline September 9
- Regular: $75 per student, registration deadline September 16
- All registration include 1 year ASA membership
- Siblings: if you are registering more than one child, you will pay the ASA membership fee of $10 for only the first child. (Ex: Earlybird discount by Sept 9: 1 child $65, 2 children $120, 3 children $175, 4 children $230).
- No same day registration at the workshop
Registration: Online registration is open. Complete both steps to register. Orchestra music will be sent by email after registration and payment are received.
To register, please complete TWO STEPS:
STEP 1: Fill out the registration form. If registering more than one child, fill out a form for each child.
Here is the registration form link: https://forms.gle/H9Z66q95DeXSq8Te8
STEP 2: Pay by clicking the PayPal Button.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
One thing we have learned from the pandemic is that we can’t predict things. But here is what we know right now:
- There are still cases of COVID happening everywhere.
- The best-known way to protect ourselves is by masking.
- Masking is strongly encouraged while indoors, but not required.
- Please do not come to the workshop if your child or family members have tested positive within 5 days prior, or has had any Covid symptoms.
- Please email email@example.com if you are unable to attend due to Covid for a refund.
Book 1: Twinkles (in D), Lightly Row (in D)Song of the Wind (in D), Perpetual Motion (in D)
Book 2: Long, Long Ago and Variation, Hunter’s Chorus
Book 3: Humoresque
Book 4: Concerto No 5 in D Major, 1st Mvt. by Seitz
Book 5: Country Dance
Book 8: Tambourin
Book 1: Twinkles (in D), Lightly Row (in D), Song of the Wind (in D), Long, Long Ago (in G), play twice, Perpetual Motion (in D)
Book 2: Hunter’s Chorus
Book 3: Humoresque
Book 4: Chanson Triste
Book 5: Danse Rustique
Book 7:Eccles Sonata in G minor, 2nd movement – Allegro Con Spirito