ASA will hold a Fall Round-Up on September 26, 2020. This event will take place from 10am-12:30pm online on Zoom. There is also a Teacher/Parent session with Molly Gebrian from 1:00-2:30pm, students are welcome. Violin, viola, cello, guitar, flute, and voice students of all levels are invited to join. Students will have a morning class and a Grand Finale Concert in which all students will perform Suzuki repertoire together.
The Round-Up is free for ASA members (family and teacher memberships).
Registration now open!
Please follow these steps to register:
Fill out the online registration form. CLICK HERE
Join or Renew your ASA membership (family or teacher) for the 2020-21 school year. Only $10. The Round-Up is free for all members. Once you submit the form, please pay the fee by PayPal link CLICK HERE
Zoom links will be sent to all registered ASA members the week before the Round-Up. For security, please do not share the Zoom links with others. Also, when you join the Zoom meeting, make sure that your device has your name on it (not “iPad2” etc).
Registration Deadline: September 24, 2020
Grand Finale Concert Review List for all students (Violin, Viola, Cello, Guitar, Flute, Voice)
- Humoresque (D Major)
- Hunter’s Chorus (G Major)
- Long, Long, Ago and Variation (G Major)
- Perpetual Motion (D Major), singles and double)
- Allegro (D Major)
- May Song (D Major), with repeat
- Go Tell Aunt Rhody (D Major)
- Song of the Wind (D Major), with repeat
- Lightly Row (in D)
- Twinkle Variation A and Theme (D Major)
Review Lists for Morning Class (by instrument/voice)
Violin (Multiple leaders and special guest Sylvia Pine)
- Book 1: Twinkle and Variations, Lightly Row, Song of the Wind, Go Tell Aunt Rhody, May Song, Allegro, Perpetual Motion, Minuet 3
- MBC: #2 Les Contes des Fees (Fairytales). Recommended for Book 1 Perpetual Motion and higher and Book 2-6 students
- Book 2: Hunter’s Chorus, Long, Long Ago, Two Grenadiers, Gavotte from Mignon
- Book 3: Martini Gavotte, Bach Minuet, Humoreque
- Book 4: Seitz Concerto No 5, 1st mvt, Bach Concerto for Two Violins, 2nd violin
- MBC: #22 Chocolate Drops. Recommended for Book 4-6 students
- Book 5: Bach Concerto for Two Violins, 1st Violin
- Book 6: Fiocco Allegro
Music by Black Composers (MBC) will be emailed to violin participants once you register.
Cello and Viola: (Alice Vierra and Mary Wilkening, leaders)
- Book 1: Twinkle Var. A, Var. B and Theme, French Folk Song, Song of the Wind, Allegro, Andantino, Minuet 2
- Book 2: Musette, Hunter’s Chorus
- Book 3: Gavotte in C minor, Humoresque
- Book 4: Breval Sonata in C: Allegro
- Book 5: Danse Rustique
Guitar: Chris Dorsey (leader)
- Book 1: All pieces
- Book 2: Paganini: Corrente, Calatayud: Vals
- Book 3: Nonesuch, Greensleeves, Packington’s Pound, Ayala: Celeste y blanco
- Book 4: Giuliani: Allegro, Sor: Etude, Meissonnier: Waltz Lesson for Two Lutes, La folia
- Book 5: Ferrer: Vals espanol, Sor: Minuet & Trio, Maria Luisa (mazurka), Bach: Gavottes I & II
- Book 7: Pernambuco: Sounds of Bells
- Book 8: Llobet: El Testament d’Amèlia
Flute: Dr. Deena Reedy (leader)
- Book 4: Blavet – Andante, Blavet – Allemande, Bach – Menuetto
- Book 3: Bizet – Minuet, Andersen – Scherzino, Gluck – Orphee & Eurydice, Dvorak – Humoresque
- Book 2: Bach – Gavotte, Genin – Carnival, Bach – March, Gluck – Minuet
- Book 1: Long, Long Ago, Allegro, Go Tell Aunt Rhody, Lightly Row, Twinkle Variations, Kagome, Mary Had a Little Lamb
Voice: Katrina Pezzementi (leader)
- Book 1: Mary had a little lamb (English and Japanese), Lightly row, Twinkle twinkle little star (English Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Finnish), Long, long ago
- Book 2: May song (English and German), Winter goodbye (English and German), Desert, Shepherds spring song
- Book 3: An die freude, Tempus adest floridum, Hummel und Erde, Pies gue ya Nunca nos Ves
- Book 4: Bush night song, Onegai
- Extras Go tell aunt Rhodes, Jägerchor (hunters chorus)
Guest Teacher for the Voice Class: Katrina Pezzimenti
Katrina is a Suzuki Voice teacher from Melbourne, Australia and she has always loved the Suzuki way of teaching. As a parent she has attended lessons in Suzuki piano, violin and flute as well as voice. Vocally trained at Melbourne University and the Victorian College of the Arts, Katrina has a Bachelor of Music and an Associate Diploma of Arts in Opera. She has performed with Opera Australia and the Victoria State Opera and still works for OA as a subtitler during its Melbourne seasons.
Katrina teaches voice at St Leonard’s College and in her private studio and, since 2001 has taught and trained teachers around the world. She has traveled to Finland many times for her training and she is a teacher trainer for both PPSA and ESA and the present chair of the ISA Voice committee.