GRAND CANYON SUZUKI CELEBRATION CONCERT
SEPTEMBER 22, 2018, 1-3pm
Please note the date has changed to SEPTEMBER 22, 2018 (updated on 4/9/18)
Registration is CLOSED, Deadline was August 22, 2018.
ARIZONA SUZUKI ASSOCIATION PERFORMANCE AT THE GRAND CANYON
SHRINE OF AGES BUILDING
The Arizona Suzuki Association is sponsoring a concert at the Shrine of Ages on the grounds of the (south) Grand Canyon on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22 from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. It is a National Park day so there is no charge to enter the park.
INFORMATION for the September 22, Saturday performance.
- Leave plenty of time to drive to the Grand Canyon, since it is a free National Park Day, there will be many people at the park.
- After entering the park, follow the South Entrance Road the entire way.(That corresponds with signage, too.) If you follow signs to ‘Village’, as you get closer, there will be a sign or two that states ‘Shrine of Ages’. You only have to make one turn – into the Shrine of Ages parking lot . Click to see map. More is on the website: nps.gov
- Please review and/or learn all of the pieces listed on the AZSuzuki.org website by memory. Two additional songs, Wishing and I Love You Arizona will be performed (these pieces are not in the Suzuki Books). Music will be emailed as a PDF file. If you have questions which part to learn or do not get music, please contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need a stand, you must bring your own.
- All cellists and guitarists must bring their own chair, if a smaller chair is needed.
- Cellists – remember your rock stop
- Extra strings in your case is always a good idea, in case one breaks
- Doors to the Shrine of the Ages Chapel will open at 12:30 pm
- Performance is at 1:00 pm
- T-Shirts will be available as you enter the building, please change into them for the concert.
- Please have lunch before you arrive for the performance
- Stay hydrated – you may not be used to the higher elevation
- If it is a hot day, please don’t leave your instruments in the car
Have a wonderful day meeting and performing with Suzuki students across the state!
If you have any questions about the event, please send email to email@example.com
MAP to the Shrine of Ages:
The Arizona Suzuki Association invites you to participate in an exciting event in 2018 to celebrate Dr. Suzuki’s 120th birthday. All Suzuki violin, viola, cello, guitar and voice students and families are invited to participate in a Grand Canyon Celebration Concert to celebrate Dr. Shinichi Suzuki’s 120th birthday. The event will be a Suzuki “Play-In” which is when students come together and play as many songs as possible together, with different teachers leading the songs for an audience. Students should review the repertoire on the review list below before the registration buttons.
The celebration concert will take place on Saturday, September 22, 2018 from 1:00-3:00pm at the Shrine of the Ages chapel at the Grand Canyon. All registered students will recieve a celebration concert t-shirt at the event.
September 22 is Public Lands Day, which is free entry to the national park. If you would like to spend the night at the Grand Canyon, families are encouraged to make reservations ASAP. Rooms fill up quickly!
Another fun option to consider would be taking the Grand Canyon Railway train from Williams, Arizona to the Grand Canyon. The train departs Williams at 9:30am and arrives at the Grand Canyon by 11:45am. The train later departs the Grand Canyon at 3:30pm and returns to Williams by 5:45pm. For more information about train tickets, check out the Grand Canyon Railway website: https://www.thetrain.com/
We are very excited to have this unique performance opportunity to look forward to in 2018! Save the date and spread the word to other students and families this year so we can all make music and celebrate Dr. Suzuki’s 120th birthday together!
Fee: $30 per student (includes t-shirt and ASA membership), $20 per additional sibling (includes t-shirt). No refunds given for cancellations.
Registration: Space is limited, so early registration is encouraged! REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!
Registration is a two-step process. First complete and submit the online registration form (below). Second, click on the PayPal link (below) to make payment.
Online registration is CLOSED. There will be NO REFUNDS for cancellation. If you already registered, but still need to pay please use the PayPal link below.